+44 20 3384 3075
Committed to your Success.

Why Choose Migra & Co?

  • Leading Immigration Firm
  • Very High Success Rate
  • Tailor Made Solutions
  • In-house Legal Experts

Do You Qualify?

This is a captcha-picture. It is used to prevent mass-access by robots. (see: www.captcha.net)

UK Overseas Domestic Worker Visa

The Domestic Worker visa application process can be a minefield for anyone not completely up to date with the current immigration legislation. At Migra & Co, it’s our business to know and be fully aware of constantly changing legal requirements in order to secure the approval of our clients’ Domestic Worker visa.
+44 20 3384 3075


This is a captcha-picture. It is used to prevent mass-access by robots. (see: www.captcha.net)

From 6 April 2012 leave to enter under the Overseas domestic workers in private households category will be restricted to 6 months with no option to extend it or change employers. However, those already in the UK under the domestic worker category will be able to extend their visas, change employer and settle upon completion of 5 years of residence in the UK

Private servants in diplomatic households will be able to apply under the Tier 5 International Agreement category.  Migrants will be able to stay for a maximum period of 5 years with no option to settle in the UK or change employers. Dependants may accompany the domestic worker and may work while they are here. 

Requirements under the Domestic Worker category

The domestic worker category allows overseas employers to bring their domestic workers with them when they visit or move to the United Kingdom. To qualify to enter the UK as a domestic worker in a private or diplomatic household, you must be an established member of the employer’s staff.

It is a myth that a UK employer is able to employ or sponsor anyone under the domestic worker category. In the case of an initial application (entry clearance), the UK employer will not be able to employ someone as a domestic worker unless that person has worked for one year or more immediately prior to the application for an entry clearance under the same roof as his employer or in a household that the employer uses on a regular basis and where there is evidence that there is a connection between the employer and the employee.

The UK immigration authority will only extend your visa if you are still employed as a domestic worker when your old visa expires. You are allowed to change employers while you are in the United Kingdom, but you must still be employed as a domestic worker.

The UK Border Agency introduced mandatory biometric appointments for this category. Pending the successful outcome of the application, the domestic worker will be issued with Biometric Residence Card (BRC).

Settlement in the UK

Under the current UK Immigration Rules, a domestic worker will be able to apply for a  having spent five years in the UK in continuous employment.

If you wish to remain in the UK as a domestic worker or in any other visa category please contact us to discuss your options and how we can assist you in your application.

Speak to one of our Domestic Worker visa consultants now to discuss your tailor made visa solution. Call us on +44 20 3384 3075.
Migra & Co is a private immigration company, regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC), reference number F200900038. This website is not a government website and as such, we are not linked or affiliated with the UK Visas and Immigration. We offer expert legal advice and flexible tailored solutions to both private and corporate clients to ensure that their immigration needs are met. If you wish to download or prepare a UK visa application form, you can do so free of charge by visiting the Official UKVI website.