+44 20 3384 3075
Committed to your Success.

Why Choose Migra & Co?

  • Leading Immigration Firm
  • Very High Success Rate
  • Tailor Made Solutions
  • In-house Legal Experts

Do You Qualify?

This is a captcha-picture. It is used to prevent mass-access by robots. (see: www.captcha.net)

Tier 4 Student Visa

The Tier 4 Student visa application process can be a minefield for anyone not completely up to date with the current immigration legislation. At Migra & Co, it’s our business to know and be fully aware of constantly changing legal requirements in order to secure the approval of our clients’ Tier 4 Student visa.
+44 20 3384 3075


This is a captcha-picture. It is used to prevent mass-access by robots. (see: www.captcha.net)

From 22 February 2010 the Tier 4 sponsors will need to use the sponsorship management system to issue a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CASs) to all students applying from inside as well as outside the UK.

The sponsoring college will have to provide you with a CAS  number, a sponsor licence number as well as detailed information regarding the course (title, start and end date, awarding body etc.)

You must be able to demonstrate that you can support yourself for the duration of their studies without relying on public funds.

There are now two categories of students under the Tier 4 points-based scheme:

  1.  Tier 4 (General) Student - for adults intending to study in the UK for their post-16 education and
  2.  Tier 4 (Child) Student - for children aged between 4 and 17.


Visa Requirements

Under the Tier 4 General Student category you must be enrolled into one of the following:

  • A full time course, which is at degree level or above, or a recognised overseas higher education course at an overseas higher education institution
  • A course below degree level, which involves a minimum of 15 hours organised daytime study per week (Monday – Friday).
  • A pre-sessional course (preparatory course) immediately prior to beginning your full time course of study in the UK
  • An English language course under this category

Tier 4 Child Student category is for children between the age of 4 and 17 will be granted leave to enter or remain in the UK if they meet the maintenance requirement and show that they are able to study through one of the following:

  • A course that is taught in accordance with the National Curriculum or the National Qualification Framework (NQF);
  • A course that is accepted as equivalent in academic status by Ofsted (or its devolved equivalents);
  • A course that is provided as required by prevailing independent schools education standards

Funds and Maintenance

The funds required for students will need to cover your course fees for the first year of study and your living costs for up to a maximum of nine months. This will depend on whether you are an adult or a child and will vary according to the type/length of the course and the location of the education institution.

Change of course of study

You do not need to get our permission if you want to do a different course of study with your Tier 4 sponsor and the new course will finish before your current permission to stay expires. Your Tier 4 sponsor will tell us that you have changed course. If your new course will end after your current permission to stay expires, you will need to make a new Tier 4 application. You will therefore need a new confirmation of acceptance for studies from your Tier 4 sponsor. You can make this new application at any time before your current permission to stay expires, but we recommend that you do this as soon as possible.

Those wishing to remain in the UK under the Tier 4 category should contact us to discuss your options and find out how we can assist you in your application.

Speak to one of our Tier 4 Student visa consultants now to discuss your tailor made visa solution. Call us on +44 20 3384 3075.
Migra & Co is a private immigration company, regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC), reference number F200900038. This website is not a government website and as such, we are not linked or affiliated with the UK Visas and Immigration. We offer expert legal advice and flexible tailored solutions to both private and corporate clients to ensure that their immigration needs are met. If you wish to download or prepare a UK visa application form, you can do so free of charge by visiting the Official UKVI website.